- Text REDCROSS to 90999 ($10)
- This website donation link.
- 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767); for Spanish speakers, 1-800-257-7575; for TDD, 1-800-220-4095.
- Tornado relief donations link. Details about Catholic Charities Disaster Recovery Services is available here.
- Text “STORM” to 80888 ($10)
- Website donation link here
- Call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769)
- Mail check to The Salvation Army PO Box 12600 Oklahoma City, OK 73157 (note: you must write “Oklahoma Tornado Relief” on the memo line of the check if you donate this way)
REGIONAL FOOD BANK OF OKLAHOMA
- Text “FOOD” to 32333 ($10)
- Website donation link here. Note: seems to be nonspecific to this particular disaster, but it seems likely most/all current funds from the group are headed that way.
- Website donation link here
- Send check by mail to United Way of Central Oklahoma, P.O. Box 837, Oklahoma City, OK 73101 (note: youmust write “May Tornado Relief” on the memo line of the check if you donate in this fashion)
Through its network of more than 200 food banks, Feeding America, whose mission is to “feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks,” says it will deliver truckloads of food, water and supplies to communities in need, in Oklahoma, and will also “set up additional emergency food and supply distribution sites as they are needed.” * They do not have a donation link specific to Oklahoma tornado relief, but you can donate here.
The international relief group, based in Los Angeles, says it is “readying essential material aid — emergency, shelter and cleaning supplies” to help Oklahoma’s community health organizations and schools recover. * They do not seem to have a donation link specific to Oklahoma tornado relief. You can donate through their website here. * Text the word AID to 50555 (Note: this is not necessarily specific to Oklahoma tornado victim relief) * Send check to: Operation USA, 7421 Beverly Blvd., PH, Los Angeles, CA 90036.
Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief
- Website donation link
- Send checks to BGCO, Attn: Disaster Relief, 3800 N. May Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Unless you are personally affected by this disaster, please do not go to the following link so that server loads can be reserved for individuals who need to use the website: Please spread this Red Cross website where people can list themselves as safe and well -
- liking a piece of media does not automatically mean you think it is perfect or agree with its creators
- even if you are not openly critical of it
- because you don’t HAVE to be openly critical of it
- there is an enormous difference between being an apologist for something and wanting to dwell on the good parts of a thing you like because it makes you happy, please stop conflating these two things
- not talking about the flaws of a thing does not mean you do not recognize the flaws of a thing
- nobody has to apologize for liking what they like and nobody should be shamed for liking a thing
- your fave is problematic too
- you are not a better person than someone just because your favorite piece of media is less problematic than theirs
- you aren’t